2.01.2011

What the crock?! Pumpkin butter

Welcome back to "What the crock?!" Tuesdays. Last night I made another crock pot creation from Greg's my amazing, and beautifully designed, cookbook "Slow Cooker: The best cookbook ever"

From one extreme to another...beef to fruit. This week I decided to go sweet and tried my hand at pumpkin butter. I have had apple butter, almond butter, peanut butter...but never pumpkin butter! I know what you are thinking "It's not fall anymore!" but I try to stretch my pumpkin obsession through as many seasons as I can!

Ingredients 
3 cans 28-32 oz pumpkin puree
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1 2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbls butter (1/2 stick)

Combine and mix all ingredients in a 5-7 qt crock pot and heat on low for 5-6 hours

Yummy buttery, syrupy, sugary pumpkiny goodness!

This would taste marvelous on a toasted plain bagel or piece of bread. I ate mine with toast...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment