3.02.2011

And March's cooking theme is...

All things cupcake and muffin. YUM. This is a selfish pick because I love myself a good cupcake.
I say cupcake and muffin...but really this will be the only muffin post. The rest will be cupcakes. 
Also they will come out on Sundays, as I would not want to waste a cupcake and Sunday morning bible study is the perfect time to make them disappear (all those hungry guys...ya feel me?)


Triple Berry Muffins
In case you haven't noticed, I rarely stick to a recipe and usually make up my own...this is no exception.
  1. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  2. 1 cup sugar
  3. 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  4. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  5. 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  6. 1 cup milk 
  7. 1/4 cup melted butter
  8. 1/2 cup-1 cup frozen mixed berries (I used Trader Joe's Berry Medley)
Preheat oven to 400*.In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. in a small bowl combine milk, eggs, and melted butter. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the liquids in the middle of the well. Add berries and GENTLY fold dough until it is JUST combined. Stir too much and your muffin with be too dense. And nobody likes a dense muffin.

Line a cupcake tin with cupcake papers and spoon a good sized amount of dough into each cup. Cook for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!

 I'm sorry there are no pictures for the actual process, but I didn't think about blogging this until after the fact and all I had was artsy shots of the batter and uncooked dough.

Love.







Love, Sav

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I think these are going to make an amazing breakfast this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete