5.03.2011

Dinner idea: Curry chicken and Zucchini

Last night was a rare occasion. I had time to make dinner! When Greg and I live together after we get married things in the dinner department will be a lot easier! We usually end up at his house after work because we carpool and my groceries fall by the way side or are non-existent.

If you are thinking of something to make for dinner tonight here is a simple and tasty recipe!
{Never mind that I cheated and bought pre-marinated meat...}

curry chicken, pan-fried zucchini, and basmati rice

For the zucchini drizzle some EVOO (I know it makes most people think of Rachel Ray...I just think of that scene in Baby Mama and it makes me laugh) in a pan and put it on medium-low heat
Finely chop some garlic...
And red onion

Chop the zucchini is small rounds
When the oil in the pan moves easily around the pan (well heated oil) but does not glide around the pan (oil that is too hot and will burn food quickly) add the garlic and red onion. when they are coated and soft, but not yet brown add the zucchini rounds. If they are cooking too quickly turn heat to low. Cover, but stir occasionally to make sure they brown on all side.



When zucchini is cooked thoroughly and browned on outside take off heat and into a serving bowl.

Curry Chicken

So I'm not gonna lie I cheated and bought the pre-marinated "Curry Chicken Tenders" from Trader Joes,
but there are a lot of good curry chicken recipes out there!

Anyway mine was pre-bought. But boy was it tasty!
If you do happen to go buy the pre-marinated on at Trader Joe's just drizzle a little more EVOO into the pan and heat the oil on medium heat

this particular chicken was packed together, but was a bunch of different "tenders".

So break them up and cook the strips for about 4-5 minutes on each side. I get freaked out about uncooked chicken so when they were cooked on both sides I put the heat on low, covered them and let them simmer until my zucchini and rice were done.


The rice
Pretty easy. Rice cooker if you have one, or I just put 1 cup of rice in with 2 cups of water and let it slowly bowl with a vented lid covering the pot. Checked it twice for readiness and voila...rice. Pepper, salt, and a pad of butter to tast.

This dinner was delicious and healthy! The chicken look breaded and fried in the picture, but it isn't. It is just a yellow-ish color from all the curry! We have unsweetened ice tea (my favorite!!) with lemon to drink and ate outside at the picnic table.

As Greg was praying for dinner he said "Thank you for this meal sitting in the backyard of our future home"


I love this guy! And this picture. Click the link above to view more photos by our amazing friend and artist Paul Robinson.

95 days until I am Mrs. Savannah Horton.

Holy
cow.


1 comment:

  1. Curry chicken and Zucchini combination really fantastic. preparing tips and tricks easy to understand new users.

    ReplyDelete