9.23.2011

DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte.

It's that time of year again to put on cute boots, long socks and sip a PSL.
Thank you Starbucks for your "Fall in a cup" as I like to call it!

Ok so I may be the most impatient person that I know. I don't like surprises, waiting, or preparation in general. I see something that I want to make/craft/cook and I will cut corners and cut and add ingredients to make is happen as soon as possible! This was no exception! I found the original recipe HERE at 20something Cupcakes and knew I had to try it.

But I didn't have pumpkin pie spice...or regular coffee...or a crock pot (it's at a friends house)
So I improvised! I am sure her version is also way good, and I will definitely be trying it when I have my crock pot back, but I was VERY happy about the way mine turned out! Hope you like it!

DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte.


Ingredients
3 cups milk
4 (or more!) Tbls canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar (I used half vanilla sugar)
2 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
2 tsp vanilla extract
Finely grated nutmeg (use your discretion!)
Cinnamon (up to you!)
All-spice (however much you want!)
Or you can just use pumpkin pie spice!

Yum! 

Add all your ingredients to a large pot, except the coffee (and whip cream of course!!) and stir until sugar and pumpkin puree has been dissolved.

 I used the Libby's brand canned pumpkin, not sure I have ever used another kind! This works well for me!

Brew coffee and add to pot with other ingredietns. I used Hazelnut coffee cause that was all I had, like I said I'm impatient...and it still turned out great!

Now heat latte on low, stirring continually. Don't let it sit or it will burn the milk, which is disgusting!


Enjoy!

Add some whipped cream on top, or some more of your nutmeg or cinnamon (or both!)

I had some the night of and for the last 2 mornings in a row, and honestly it has been better and richer each time!


Let me know how yours turns out!






2 comments:

  1. Yum! The drink that taste like autumn! 1/2 of what for the sugar :0) Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!! 1/2 CUP of sugar. It's fixed now! : )

    ReplyDelete