1.16.2012

What's for Dinner?


So I have decided to take Rubyellen, from Cakies, lead and start posting our weekly meal plan

Maybe it will create a chain of inspiration so in a couple weeks we will all be sitting down to home cooked meals weekly with our families...dream big! : )

I created a new "MENU" dry erase frame for our kitchen so it is easier for me to plan ahead and make grocery lists. I will be sharing a tutorial for it tomorrow...it is super easy!

Monday
Grilled fish (halibut or cod)
Cheesy quinoa cakes found HERE (I'm using cheddar, it's what I have)
Avocado salad (white corn, tomoato, avocado, red onions, and red wine vinegar)

Tuesday
Steak
Garlic mashed potatoes
Salad
Broccoli

Wednesday
"Grown-up grilled cheese" with turkey, sharp cheddar, and caramelized onions
Lentil soup
Salad 

Thursday
Crockpot Balsamico chicken found in "Slow Cooker: Best Cookbook Ever"
Quinoa
Zucchini

Friday
Stuffed spaghetti squash (vegetables, marinara, cheese)
Fruit salad (left over after school and work lunches)
Any left over vegetables 

Sat/Sun
 TBD - we may go out one night with friends or do mexican food. : )

So there you have it! I will try to post a follow up each week with recipes from our favorite meals of the week! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment